Privacy and Cookies
Reg Hambly Insurance Brokers LLP
1. Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP address, bank details, criminal convictions, health details etc We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when you visit our website;
- when you take out an insurance policy via us; and
- when you contact us for help
- When we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer
2. Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products or services;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- verify your eligibility to credit facilities; and
- transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion.
- enforce our terms and conditions
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
3. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- we may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf;
- we may provide your information to our service providers who perform functions on our behalf. Usually our service providers sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- we may share your data with any parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, other entities under a common control or third party acquirers. We would direct these other entities will honor this Privacy Statement;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase and direct them to treat the data confidentially;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
4. Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used, or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business reason to know it. Those processing your personal information will do so in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notifty you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since our website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
6. Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may, on occasion be stored and processed outside the UK in any other country in which our Company or agents maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
8. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
10. Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated on 20/12/2018. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed
12. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our practices or have any concerns please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Address: 20 Molesworth Street, Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 7DG
Email : email@example.com
Telephone: 01208 816440
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites place on the device you are using to browse the site. Cookies are commonly used to record some aspect of your visit to a site such as choices you have made, or preferences you have set during your visit.
Keeping your personal information safe
Our cookies do not store personal information such as your name, address, phone number or email in a format that can be read by others. The cookies we use cannot read or search your computer, smartphone or web-enabled device to obtain information about you or your family, or read any material kept on your hard drive.
We do use a small number of cookies that store encrypted versions of information where you have asked us to, such as the ‘Remember Me’ function that allows us to remember your Account username for subsequent visits. However, this is encrypted so that only Reg Hambly Insurance Brokers LLP can read this information. The website that places a cookie owns that cookie. This means only that website and other sites that it has agreed to share information with can read the information stored using a cookie.
Links to sites provided by others
If you follow a link form our website to another website, please be aware that the owner of the other website will have their own privacy and cookie policies for their site. We recommend you read their policies as we are not responsible or liable for what happens at their site.
How to manage and switch off cookies
Your web browser provides settings that allow you to manage or switch off cookies. If you do switch off cookies remember that you may not be able to use all of the services on our websites.
You can find out more about managing and switching off cookies at the independent website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
The types of cookies we use on this site
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential for our online services and tools to work. They collect or record information that we need to make our site work.
Common uses for this type of cookie include:
- Storing information so that shopping baskets can be provided
- Storing information for e-billing
- Allowing users to log in or access private areas of a site
These cookies only last for a single browsing session – when you leave our site, they are removed.
These cookies help us to monitor and improve how our website works.
Common uses for this type of cookie include:
- Collecting information about which pages visitors go to most often
- Noting if visitors get any error messages from web pages
- Understanding which links visitors like to follow (including adverts) and which they choose not to
The information collected using these cookies is anonymous and cannot be used to identify an individual visitor.
These cookies allow us to provide you with enhanced features that need to remember your preferences and choices such as your user name, language or region. They also let us monitor how our website is performing so we can keep on improving it.
Common uses for this type of cookie include:
- Providing you with local information, such as health providers in your area
- Remembering how you like to use our site, such as what text size you like or what media software you use
- Remembering what topics you’re interested in so we can provide you with related products, services and information
The information we store in these cookies is encrypted so only we can read it.